Women's Center Student Achievement Scholarship
The WSU Women's Center awards one or two scholarships a year to students who apply and meet the necessary criteria. The awardee(s) will be chosen by the committee after the scholarship deadline (September 10, 2021) has passed. The application form is available online. The application process includes a brief personal statement, two letters of recommendation, and your current academic transcript (unofficial is acceptable).
Your personal statement should address the following questions:
1. Why do you believe you deserve this scholarship? How have you achieved success, academically or otherwise?
2. How will this scholarship help you reach your academic and career goals?
3. What challenges have you faced as you've sought an education?
4. How have you been involved with the Women's Center and/or Coalition for Women Students?
5. How would this scholarship help address an unmet financial need?
One of your letters of recommendation must be from a faculty member who can describe your academic work; the other can be from anyone who can speak to your character, challenges, needs, or goals, faculty or otherwise, as long as that person is not a relative.
This scholarship both rewards past achievements and looks toward supporting students in their future endeavors. The committee takes grades, unmet financial needs, and additional challenges that students face in seeking success into account when choosing the awardee(s). To qualify, undergraduates must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and graduates a minimum GPA of 3.0. If you have any questions about this process, please email us or stop by the Women's Center, on the ground floor of Wilson-Short Hall, during normal business hours Monday through Friday.